Stranger conversations have been overheard by
But hearing those words
Uttered into the night
Sent a bolt straight down
That such darkness can clog
The human heart
Is no great wonder
But to be
The unintended recipient
Of such fleeting
Is something no amount
Of preparedness can
Just as no amount of
Can safeguard a soul’s fragility
Publicly flogged by an
This is not about you.
This is not about about all those times you made me feel worthless and pathetic or how you spat my own name in my face like a curse.
This is not about how your betrayal ripped a giant gaping hole in my heart that I have not yet even begun to patch up. I can only keep ripping off the bandaid to remind myself of what it feels like to hurt.
And this is not about how your name will forever feel like acid on my tongue, burning the back of my throat as I try to smother the urge to scream it out into the night.
This is not about you.
This is about me.
This is about all the hurt and torment I have endured as I passively watched you set me on fire. This is about my struggle to love myself to fill the hole that you made, as you left me to fend for myself like a lonely and wounded animal.
This about how I will rise high above the flames and spread my hatred like wildfire, so that maybe one day, it might reach you.
This is about how I hope neither heaven nor hell will take you, for you would surely be a disappointment to both.
So, no. This is not about you.
This is about me,
like it always has been.
This is going to be my first exposé on this blog. I feel so compelled to write this because of the many blog posts I have encountered that have been solely about the Men’s Rights Movement and the feminists they feel determined to hate and destroy. There is a blog called Don’t Be That Girl(http://dontbethatbitch.wordpress.com/), whose author seems to be unidentifiable. On the about page is a list of characteristics of a “Mature Woman” and a “Feminist”. You can imagine these characteristics differ greatly between the two categories. When I first came across the site, I was absolutely appalled. What kind of people dedicate themselves to hatred? The owner or owners of the blog literally hate any woman who considers herself a feminist or who even remotely acts like one. In other words, a woman who doesn’t tolerate catcalling and other bullshit that some men try to pass off as complements. However, it doesn’t even remotely end there. They claim that feminist women are out to kill men and destroy their families, and that women initiate the “Friend Zone” because they are financial and emotional rapists. I’ll admit, I have never ever heard of a financial rapist before, and I highly doubt its legitimacy. So you may read for yourselves the utter ridiculousness I am commenting on, here is a sample from the blog:
“A feminist is a human female:
- Who though physically and sexually mature has yet to grow past the boys are icky phase of the pre adolescent female…
- Who instead of taking responsibility for the consequences of her own actions and choices blames both the male gender as well as the males in her life for her own failings…
- Who as both a conniving, manipulative and predatory individual and group seeks to both diminish the legal rights as well as to steal the financial resources of the male gender through legislation, child support and taxation…
- Who intentionally disguises their sinister goals beneath the camouflage of the equal rights movement…
- Who uses the family court system and the Political Arena to both rape her male partner of his home and children as well as to cripple and destroy him financially…
- Who actively promotes the murder of the individual members of the male gender (the same way that the Black Widow spider kills her mate after engaging in the act of copulation) by running to the defense of those females who intentionally murder their male partners and children…”
I still can’t get over the fact that they compare feminists to spiders. Not only do I hate spiders, but the comparison is so radical and nonsensical that I refuse to spend any more time writing about it. So, here are some ACTUAL facts about feminists.
- Feminists do not hate men
- Plenty of men are feminists
- Feminists support the equality of both men and women
- Feminists do not have a hidden agenda to destroy the male population (Surprising, I know)
- In the history of all of feminism, there was never a bra burning incident. The women simply brought an extra bra with them to place in a receptacle.
- The bra was supposedly invented by a woman.
The only hate group I see here is the MRA.